Sunday, March 31, 2013

Loved and 42 days

There are 42 days until I leave. Six weeks. To me it seems like a long time... But considering I bought my ticket somewhere before the 60 day mark and I hadn't looked at a count down until the 54 day mark... 42 days isn't that long.

Today I think I realized how much I'm going to miss my kids.  At my current position I get countless hugs everyday, along with the occasional comment on how they like my outfit or that I look pretty. I've become accustomed to that. Not that I take my self worth from children who eat their own boogies - but I know they wouldn't be saying the comment/giving me hugs unless they really wanted to.

I guess thinking it over, I'm worried about making friends with the children.  I've worked hard for the love I get here, and I risk losing all that when I leave. There is a chance the kids won't remember me at all... 6 months is a lot longer than 6 weeks.

Not that it changes my mind - not at all. But it does make me want to get extra hugs and fish for some extra complements before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment