Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Loved and hype

May has always been a hype month for me... I mean technically my birthday bubble doesn't have to be a month long, but when my birthday falls perfectly in the middle... how can I resist.

Today was pretty unofficial, but I had lunch with one of my favorites, was super productive and am about to head out to see more lovely friends.

In the midst of my birthday/graduation/impending vacation hype. I remembered something. I am not but I know I am. Its a book. One that I really enjoyed reading... and gave me a good adjustment that I needed. I am not a big deal, God is.

This is where I become fickeled... You see, I love birthdays. Everyone's birthdays. To me they aren't just a big deal, they are a huge deal. To me they are wonderful because its a celebration of the past year, its a marker to a new year, it is a renewal.

I once had a friend say "Birthday's aren't a huge deal because everyone has them" my argument... "One day you won't have anymore and you will regret saying that" (yes I said that, and although it sounds childish and brash. I still agree).

I love love love birthdays. I love love love celebrating. but I love love love being a part of God's story. I know I don't need my own month. but I am going to celebrate my birthday, all month long.

I am excited about my birthday
I am excited about my graduation
I am going to celebrate
I am going to tell everyone that its my birthday and that I have two degrees


but I know this...

I am but I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment