Saturday, May 18, 2013

Loved and Bathroom Struggles

Hi friends!

First off. I am incredibly thankful for indoor plumbing. I am incredibly thankful that here in Uganda, I have indoor plumbing. and I am incredibly thankful for city water and electricity.

here are some pictures of my bathroom.

The shower controls lead to a nozzel directed at the corner. 
I am actually having pretty good luck with this setup. but it is different... and here is how. This picture was taken during the day. At night, the bathroom looks 100% different because there is no light in the bathroom... so we leave the door open and turn on the light in the bedroom, which helps. You want to know what doesn't help. When electricity is off. Then its like hey, its not only dark in here but you must also hold a flashlight.

I have a hot water heater. Tawni gave me advice on it and I didn't listen the first time. (let it heat up the water for 30 minutes first... if there is both electricity and water).  I only let it heat up for about 15 minutes. That results in the water turning ice cold.  I have another question after I did follow her instruction tonight... which is - the water was scalding hot if I just turned on the hot water and freezing cold if I tried to add cold water. Is there an in-between?

These are very big 'first-world' problems.  I am beyond blessed to have a bathroom - I feel like a princess - just sometimes a frustrated one who has to pee in the dark or get burns in the shower.

Lots of love,
Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment