Saturday, May 25, 2013

Loved and electricity

Hi friends, I am finding that weekends work best to give you updates and fill you all in, on my exciting adventures.

This week, I learned that just because sometimes I have electricity and water, does not mean that all the time I will have electricity and water. Thankfully, I live with Americans who have a generator and a water tank to help supplement some times.

Learning that city water and the power plant can go out at any moment have made me more thankful and aware about how I use my resources.

I also found out this week that my shower had been slightly electrocuting me every time I tried to adjust the hot and cold water... because power lines here are not grounded. So I have to remember to take a shower with flipflops on. (granting that water and electricity are both on - today we were missing water).

p.s. I am incredibly thankful for face wipes/baby wipes.




No comments:

Post a Comment