Sunday, July 28, 2013

Loved and Chicken n Dumplings

This week, we had chicken and dumplings.  I cried. It made me miss my parents. It reminded me of cooking with them, gathering around the table, laughing in the kitchen. I miss having the resources I have at home to cook with. I also miss having my mom's cooking, there is nothing like it, she's an amazing cook.

I miss her meatballs, and sneaking them out of the pot as they simmer.  I miss zucchini chips and hamburgers (without the bun). I miss american food, but the food here is so much better for me.  Its all organic and I can pronounce all the ingredients on my processed food, which is kind of really awesome.

In America, we think about food a lot, types of food, amounts of food, etc. In America, food is a hobby, for almost everyone.  Here, you realize how much you must rely on food for fuel.  There are less options (especially where I live) and it makes you realize that food shouldn't be a hobby.

Not that I don't have a list of food I want when I get back. To start it includes: Chicken and dumplings (made by my mommy), meatballs (made by mom), taco bell, mexican restaurant food, my mom's mexican, cheese, a hotdog, and spinach.

That's my list, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment