Sunday, July 28, 2013

Loved and Little Miracles

Yesterday, Leila started to walk - on her own!

I am unsure how long Leila has been here, but she is about three years old, and had not yet begun to walk, because when she arrived she was so severely malnourished that she was the size of a six month old baby (I believe she was actually about a year old... I think).

It is the little miracles though.  Her learning to walk is amazing.  Some of these children come from truly horrific circumstances, abuse, malnourishement but they are growing here. Not only growing, but blossoming into amazing children, who are learning what it means to be loved. Today, when we were on our way to pick up some visitors, the children were all standing together, singing and dancing. It was beautifully amazing. So much joy from children who have had so much hard stuff. I wish that I could remember to have that much joy, no matter the hard stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment