Thursday, July 11, 2013

Loved and Teaching

I have a glorious new respect for teachers, not that I've been playing 'teacher' for the past month.  I mean I only have 6 students, (and they are all in different grades). I respect you all more.

Teaching is hard.  I love my students, but sometimes they drive me crazy.  Somedays are great and they understand their material which makes me beyond thrilled. But, somedays I feel like I am a broken record of "Stop talking" and "Do your work" and "Why are you just sitting there" and of course my personal favorite "I don't understand why you don't understand"

Other things I am learning is a little bit of how my parents felt when I would just cry and be in tears and they would say "I cannot help you unless you stop crying" which in response I would just cry more.  I am beyond thankful for my parents patience, because that happened my 2 week. One of my students was crying over her math work.  I just got up and sat beside her and said "When you stop crying I will help you."

I am so thankful for my parents being incredibly patient with me, because I have some of that patience now and its helping me become a better individual.

Teaching is hard work... but so is learning.

Because I'm sure if I lined up all the things I (their homeschooling books and my awesome explanations) have 'taught' my students with all the things I have learned - I think I might have learned more.

I'm learning how to be patient, kind, calm, keep them on task, not break out into tears, etc. Its a lot, and its absolutely wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment