Saturday, June 22, 2013

Loved and Needs

Being in Uganda has taught me a lot about wants and needs.

Like I need to learn the difference in actually being tan, and being so evenly dirty that I think its a tan...

okay.. now being serious:

I want power to be on all day long so I can have the fan running and then take a hot shower and then have internet.
I do not need power. Its nice. It makes my days easier. but it in no way contributes to my life in the way that if I didn't have it, I would die.

I want city water to be on when I want to clean my dishes and shower.
I do not need city water to be on (all the time).  There are other places to get water.  If the water is on, I don't always run to the sink to clean my dishes. I sit there and think about how I should.  When water is on, I take it for granted. When water is off, I whine. (which makes me want to slap myself).

I want cheese all day everyday. (less of a good example)
I do not need cheese.  There are other foods. I generally like the food I eat.  Yes, I would probably enjoy it more if there was cheese on it. but, it is in no way killing me to be without.


No comments:

Post a Comment