Sunday, June 2, 2013

Loved and sounds

I am loving it here. But there are some big differences. This week I am struggling with what we will call "night time noises".

The church down the street has a microphone and speakers that creates the loudest racket I've ever heard. I say racket because I cannot understand anything, there is some awful background music, and no one I've met has positive things to say about that church/pastor.

The "guard" dogs love to chase anything and get into everything. Including the outdoor kitchen (when it isn't locked). I use guard loosely, because they are pretty sweet dogs, but ugandians are terrified of big dogs.

When the water goes out and turns on in the middle of the night. It sounds exactly like (sorry to be crude) someone is having explosive diarrhea. Which is due to the air bubbles in the pipes.

Also the turkeys (and chickens). Gobble gobble gobble. I am going to gobble them up if they continue being the loudest animals... Every single morning... And by morning I mean at 5 am.

Factor in the occasional crying babies, water pressure release from the tank each night, and the car horns (which are used constantly here) and that includes the sounds of Mityana... At least where I am. Which is why I feel like I am never asleep, because I'm always listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment