Thursday, March 22, 2012

Loved and learning

I will be the first person to say, that I truly enjoy learning. I will also be the first person to say, I hate class. I love the sitting in class and the discussion part, I hate the papers, homework, and one sidedness of it all.

There has to be more than that, right? I mean I know that all of this is important, but why isn't there more value on the experience part, the real life part, and the changing the world part.

I am a fan of education, and I truly know the experiences I have in college will be life long lessons. But why can't the life long lessons I have learned elsewhere - the hard ones- why did no one ever prepare me for that?

Also, why is no one teaching others how we can change the world? Isn't that whats the most important?

Right now, I'm reading Kisses from Katie. She talks about how the most important thing for the children is to be loved and to learn about what love is. I fully agree, but I think it should be extended past just children. We should all whole heartedly love each other. Why is no one teaching that?

No comments:

Post a Comment